This month seriously feels like it is flying by. I swear it was just Halloween, and now I am suddenly in the last week of school before Thanksgiving break. I’m not complaining, but it seems like we are flying through the end of this year at break neck speed!
This past weekend, my son and I celebrated Veterans’ Day by attending the Aviation Nation airshow at Nellis Airforce Base with some friends. It was a first for both of us. I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had! Since I had never been to an airshow, I didn’t know what to expect. We were not disappointed at all! All the pilots were amazing and their flying abilities were so impressive! There were explosions, stunts, demonstrations, and of course an unbelievable performance from the Thunderbirds! I wish that I would have taken more pictures of the actual flying, but I know that my photos wouldn’t have done justice to the magnificence that we saw. It was a fantastic experience and my son and I will be making a tradition out of it for sure!
It was an overall interesting day, as it always is when you have an outing with 5 kids and 3 adults. We often wonder what people must think if they hear, out of context, some of the comments that are made. We decided to document some of the best ones from the day. Here they are!
- “Don’t bother him, just turn around. He doesn’t want to talk to you.”
- Adult: “Look around. See what you can observe.”
2 year old: “I see Tita Manda…over there.”
- “Jakob, thank you for preventing Nikolai’s head from getting chopped off.”
- “I heard a lot of booms and it punched my heart really hard.”
- “We don’t open doors on people in potties.”
- “Ladies and gentleman, the thunderbolts made a heart.”
- “Do you need to present your bottom in front of these people?”
I love spending time with kids because they are so innocent and can always make me laugh!