Here is a classic preschool project to teach your little ones about the colors of the rainbow.
To re-vamp this project, check out the Suggested Projects below for more suggestions!
- Rainbow Template
- Construction paper of each color of the rainbow
Suggested project uses
This project can be used in the following ways:
- Check out our other awesome rainbow projects:
- Colored Popcorn Recipe
- Rainbow Flowers and Color Mixing Butterflies
- Make a rainbow tree with Look at Those Leaves! Trees
- For more information, check out our article:
- Scientific opportunity!! See how you and your child can make your own rainbows! Write about it in a science journal by creating your own book!
- Whatever you use this project for, remember to proudly display your child’s masterpiece!
Here is a list of things you can talk about while doing this project with your child:
- Discuss colors and color mixing.
- Discuss how rainbows are formed. What do we need to make a rainbow?
- Introduce Rainbow as a word that begins with R. Have your child think about other words that begin with the “r” sound.
While working on this project, your child will be practicing the following skills:
- Fine motor
- Eye-Hand Coordination
- Imagination and Creation
- Color mixing and recognition
- Scientific discussion (how rainbows are made, light and refraction)
- Cause and Effect