- Turkey Template
- Paper plate
- Colored paper – Yellow, orange, red, tan, and brown
- Google eyes (or eyes provided on the template)
- Print the Turkey Template.
Color the pieces each piece or trace pieces onto colored paper:
Feathers on red, orange, yellow, tan, and brown;
Turkey body on brown;
Beak and feet on orange;
Wattle (part that goes under the chin) on red.
- Cut out all the pieces and set aside.
- On the BACK of the paper plate spread the glue around and have your child apply the feathers so half of the feather is glued to the plate and the other half is hanging over the edge.
- When your child is finished, help them glue the turkey body to the middle of the plate.
- Glue the feet, wattle, and beak in the appropriate places.
- Glue the google eyes or eyes provided.
Suggested project uses
This project can be used in the following ways:
- See Turkey Centerpiece for another great turkey project!
- Use this project to introduce Thanksgiving to your child.
- Letter themed project
- Whatever you use this project for, remember to proudly display your child’s masterpiece!
Here is a list of things you can talk about while doing this project with your child:
- Introduce turkey as word that begins with T. While doing the project you and your child can brainstorm about other words that begin with the “t” sound.
- You can share quirky Thanksgiving trivia with your child. They love quirky trivia!
- Discuss the history and importance of Thanksgiving.
While working on this project, your child will be practicing the following skills:
- Fine motor
- Eye-Hand Coordination
- Imagination and Creation
- Color recognition
- Letter recognition