- Whole Sheet of Paper – desired color background
- Scraps of brown, orange, and green
Suggested project uses
This project can be used in the following ways:
- Letter themed project
- Add a little scent to your project. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, or ground cloves in glue. Use this scented glue for your project!
- Use as a prelude to an experiment time where you and your child carve a pumpkin together. Then you can create a book and have your child write a story about their experience and observations while you are doing the carving.
- Whatever you use this project for, remember to proudly display your child’s masterpiece!
Here is a list of things you can talk about while doing this project with your child:
- Introduce Pumpkin as a word that begins with the letter P. While ripping, you can brainstorm together what other words start with P.
- Discuss pumpkins. What they are, where they come from, what holidays they are most associated with.
- Discuss different colors of pumpkins
While working on this project, your child will be practicing the following skills:
- Fine motor
- Eye-Hand Coordination
- Scientific Opportunity!! (Pumpkin carving!)
- Imagination and Creation