“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…”
I created this project as a simple cut and paste project for the kids to decorate our windows!
See suggested projects for some inspiration and see where your genius takes you!
- Santa Template
- Sheet of cardstock or heavy paper
- Google eyes (or eyes provided on the template)
- Print the Santa Template.
Color the template or trace the pieces on colored construction paper
- Cut out all pieces.
- Glue the pieces following the provided guide.
- Glue on google eyes or the eyes provided on the template.
- Have your child decorate the paper around the Santa head or cut around the head for hanging.
Suggested project uses
This project can be used in the following ways:
- After gluing all the pieces in place, have your child glue cotton on Santa’s beard and hat trimmings!
- Whatever you use this project for, remember to proudly display your child’s masterpiece!
Here is a list of things you can talk about while doing this project with your child:
- Who is Santa? What does Santa represent?
- Shapes and colors
- My tots I did this project with are too young to discuss Santa and Christmas, so I had them look at the finished picture of the project and find the pieces that matched what we were going to glue next. They thought it was magic how everything pieced together.
While working on this project, your child will be practicing the following skills:
- Fine motor
- Eye-Hand Coordination
- Imagination and Creation
- Color recognition